Before using Mucosil-10 Solution, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Anaphylactoid Reactions
- Asthma patients report to doctor history of asthma
- Monitoring patients with asthma
- Nursing women may consider resuming nursing 30 hours after administration of Acetylcysteine
- Patients less than 40 kg need adjustment in volume administered
- Patients requiring fluid restriction need adjustment in volume administered
- Report history of sensitivity to acetylcysteine to doctor